What's Going On . . .
Tri Club News
In The News
Join Gulf Winds Triathletes at Tonight’s Monthly Meeting
March 19, 2012 (Tallahassee) -- The Gulf Winds Triathlon Club holds its monthly meeting tonight at Momo's Pizza on Market Steet. Social time begins at 6:30 p.m., and the meeting will start at 7 p.m.
Tonight's meeting will include a Question and Answer session about the Red Hills Triathlon on April 7, 2012. All are welcome to come, share, and learn.
The main presentation tonight will be from Javier Betancourt, a runner and yoga instructor. Increasingly, triathletes at all levels are discovering and practicing the benefits of adding regular yoga sessions to their training. Among the benefits Javier will discuss: preventing injury by improving flexibility and connective tissue elasticity, strengthening muscles and bones, improving breath practice for better stability and balance, and increasing cardio-vascular circulation and, thus, improving glycogen conversion and oxygen utilization. He'll even have a colleague on hand to demostrate various yoga positions.
Don't miss this presentation! It may change the way you think about your body, your training, and your life!
- Beach Blast I: To the First Buoy, and Beyond!
- St. Anthony’s: Shortened Swim But Great Experience
- Evaluating Your Race Performance
- Tri Club Women Sweep Leaderboard at Red Hills Triathlon
- Spring is Almost Here
- 2013 Grand Prix Schedule Brings Changes, Upgrades
- A Triathlon Club for the Ages
- The Waverly Two Fun Miler
- GULF WINDS TRIATHLETES COMPETE IN USAT NATIONAL CLUB COMPETITION
- MEETING IRONMAN
- WAITING FOR IRONMAN
- Smiles, PRs, and Mild Weather Make for Memorable Ironman Augusta 70.3
- Alan Cox Shines at Hammerhead Sprint
- TRI CLUB CATCH-UP
- Weyant, Pace Lead Gulf Winds Triathletes at Freedom Springs
- Abbey, J. Kilinski Dominate Field at Fourth Grand Prix Race in Jacksonville
- Get Your Science on About Nutrition & Injury Prevention
- Robin Gibson to Hold Roundtable Discussion at June 18 Tri Club Meeting
- Nutrition and Hydration Expert to Speak in Tallahassee June 16
- In Their Own Words . . . Gulf Winds Triathletes Recount a Wavey, Windy Gulf Coast (70.3) Triathlon