What's Going On . . .
Tri Club News
- Beach Blast I: To the First Buoy, and Beyond!
by Rob McNeely
May 2, 2013 (Tallahassee) – The semi-annual Beach Blast Triathlon is known for its quirkiness. Set in Mexico Beach and with the Spring version held on Saturday, April 27, the triathlon offers a “short”… Read More
- St. Anthony’s: Shortened Swim But Great Experience
by Ron Harrison
St. Petersburg, Florida (April 28, 2013) - Amid the more than 3,500 competitors and what was said to be one of the largest aRead More
- Evaluating Your Race Performance
by Seeley Gutierrez
Red Hills, Tallahassee’s spring race, was held March 30th. Congratulations to… Read More
- Tri Club Women Sweep Leaderboard at Red Hills Triathlon
by Rob McNeely
March 30, 2013 (Tallahassee) – The top three finishers among females at the Red Hills Triathlon today were all members of Gulf Winds Triathletes. Marcy Gray (F35-39) led… Read More
- Spring is Almost Here
By Seeley Gutierrez
March 3, 2013 (Tallahassee) -- One of my favorite days of the year is next… Read More
- 2013 Grand Prix Schedule Brings Changes, Upgrades
January 28, 2013 (Tallahassee) -- Two new options and four new races grace the 2013 Grand Prix schedule.
The new options are a Members' Choice Race and a Members' Choice Distance.
The Members' Choice Race allows Tri… Read More
- A Triathlon Club for the Ages
January 14, 2013 (Tallahassee) – Just four days after his eighteenth birthday, Gulf Winds Triathletes member Colin Abbey was named the 2012 Male Triathlete of the Year by the Gulf Winds Track Club. Just three days before… Read More
- The Waverly Two Fun Miler
by Mike Burns
January 1, 2013 (Waverly Pond, Tallahassee) – Tallahassee’s finest looking runners assembled… Read More
New Zealand's Bevan Docherty (pictured) and Canadian Angela Naeth took the titles at the inaugural Ironman 70.3 Panama. Docherty, a two-time Olympic medalist, was second out of the water and seventh off the bike, and came across the finish line at 3:50:13, less than a minute ahead of seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong (USA). Naeth, who was 16th out of the water and second off the bike, won with a time of 4:15:31.
USA Triathlon is pleased to announce the inaugural winners of the USA Triathlon Multisport Awards. Honors were presented in six different categories designed to recognize those individuals who best fueled the multisport lifestyle during the 2011 season.
Club News Archive
- GULF WINDS TRIATHLETES COMPETE IN USAT NATIONAL CLUB COMPETITION
- MEETING IRONMAN
- WAITING FOR IRONMAN
- Smiles, PRs, and Mild Weather Make for Memorable Ironman Augusta 70.3
- Alan Cox Shines at Hammerhead Sprint
- TRI CLUB CATCH-UP
- Weyant, Pace Lead Gulf Winds Triathletes at Freedom Springs
- Abbey, J. Kilinski Dominate Field at Fourth Grand Prix Race in Jacksonville
- Get Your Science on About Nutrition & Injury Prevention
- Robin Gibson to Hold Roundtable Discussion at June 18 Tri Club Meeting
- Nutrition and Hydration Expert to Speak in Tallahassee June 16
- In Their Own Words . . . Gulf Winds Triathletes Recount a Wavey, Windy Gulf Coast (70.3) Triathlon
- Founder of Boot Camps to Go to Speak at Monthly Meeting
- Gulf Winds Triathletes Dominate Fields at Beach Blast Sprint and Intermediate Triathlons
- Florida Region to Host Club Symposium, Women’s Seminar at St. Anthony’s
- Red Hills Triathlon—By the Numbers
- Local Triathlon Season Kicks Off with Successful Red Hills
- Need Some Practice Transitioning?
- Join Gulf Winds Triathletes at Tonight’s Monthly Meeting
- Tallahassee Youth Triathlon Series and Adult Super Sprint Announced
- Support Safe Cycling Today
- Club Meeting Monday, February 20, 2012, at Momo’s on Market Street
- Gulf Winds Triathletes Members Shine at Tallahassee Marathon & Half-Marathon
- Jennifer Kilinski Tops USA Triathlon Multisport Award Winners
- Weyant, J. Kilinski, Named Gulf Winds Track Club Triathletes of the Year
- 2011 Grand Prix Award Winners to be Honored at Jan. 16, 2012, Meeting
- Gulf Winds Triathlon Club Competes for National Club Title
- Results from 2010 Season